Saturday 29 November 2014

Never Underestimate The Small Details Of Life


If you have lived long enough you would notice that things around us happen progressively. Whether it is your health, wealth or relationship problems, they don’t just happen out of the blue. There are always signs there and it is important for us to pay more attention to those signs when they first appear.


In fact it happened to me very recently when I suffered from terrible sore throat. I got sore throat all the time but usually I recovered after visiting the doctor and taking antibiotics. This time around I delayed seeing the doctor due to my busy schedule and I only paid him a visit on the fourth day. By that time the pain in my throat, ears and head were so extreme that I couldn’t actually work normally. The doctor then prescribed a ten day course of antibiotics for me due to the seriousness of my condition (the longest prescription I had before was only 5 days). 


However, it was just too late that now the virus has grown so strong and it started to spread to other parts of my body. I felt tightness across my chest one evening and quickly called the ambulance to my house. They then sent me to the hospital immediately. Doctor diagnosed that my tonsillitis (the bacteria that infected my tonsils) has actually spread to my heart! My heart’s muscle was actually inflamed and that was the cause of my chest pain. I ended up spending 2 nights in the Coronary Care Unit for close monitoring and diagnosis. I was eventually discharged after 3 nights at the hospital.


This incident shows me that trivial condition such as sore throat could actually leads to life threatening situation if we do not tackle the root of the problems soon enough. The same applies to all the other aspects of our life that we must constantly keep an eye on them and making sure that they are in healthy territory.


Never ever underestimate the small details of your life. Bushfire often started off from just a tiny spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment